Ancora fixed all their network and internet access problems
"Recently we were facing frequent network problems, internet was not reliable at all and we called akéreon to spot the exact source of the problem."
From its Glyfada (Athens, Greece) operating headquarters, Ancora manages vessels which offer both short and long-term charters to customers which include major oil companies, oil traders and shippers. The Ancora product carriers fleet transports refined petroleum products such as gasoline, fuel oil, diesel oil and naphtha. Ancora has established a reputation in the international shipping community for the highest standards of safety, performance and reliability, all of which are critical factors for customers that demand dependable vessels.
“Our company is a heavy user of information technology and we need reliable and secure information and telecommunication technology for our operations. Recently we were facing frequent network problems, internet was not reliable at all and we called akéreon to spot the exact source of the problem” says Michalis Tragakis who is responsible for IT services at Ancora. “They were very quick at indicating the sources of problems, identified needs in equipment and services, guided suppliers and providers and fully managed the project until everything was in place and working as expected.”
Information Technology Management & Support Services for Shipping cover:
- Guidance and business support, on how to best take advantage of information technology.
- Manage information technology projects and vendors for better results and lower costs.
- Email services for shipping, including high volume outgoing email service.
- Access to email, files, Internet, company applications and systems.
- Servers, networks and systems availability, backup and restoration
- Consulting on technology investments, future steps, management of information technology and communication projects.
Click here for this success story in pdf format